Business Operations Officer
DOHR is a multi-award winning HR practice based in Hertfordshire. Supporting small and medium sized companies with their HR needs, DOHR has built a strong brand and reputation for quality, practical, legally compliant, cost effective HR and business advice.
DOHR provides HR consultancy and support to businesses across London and the Northern Home Counties. From 1 employee to 250, our customers span all sectors.
Whether it is recruitment, contracts of employment, induction, appraisals, sickness management, management training, pay and reward or redundancies, DOHR is a one stop shop for businesses in search of a real HR partner.
Our values underpin everything we do both internally and externally. They determine what we do and how we do it. All employees must be able to live and work by our values every day.
- Business Focussed
- Customer Service Driven
- Solution Focussed
- Continual Improvement
To provide an efficient support service to the business in five key areas:
- PA support to the Managing Director
- Administration support to the business
- Financial administration
- Office management
- Sales and Marketing support
- To provide admin support
- Book travel and accommodation
- Track mileage and expenses
- Book meetings and diary management
- To manage emails
- Purchasing, printing, deliveries, post, booking venues for meetings.
- To manage stationery efficiently ensuring minimal stock, but sufficient levels for effective operations
- To know what meetings will be taking place, where all the staff are and when they are and are not available to others
- To update ‘The Office Genie’ with weekly whereabouts
- Petty cash
- Credit control
- Processing bills
- Responding to incoming enquiries
- Invoicing as required
- Setting up direct debits and recurring invoices
- Reconciling the bank accounts
- Liaise with the landlords to resolve any issues or highlight concerns
- Ensure that our office space is kept clean and tidy
- Resolve any issues with the office space
Sales and Marketing Support
- Business development including contacting current leads
- Management of and reporting from our CRM system
- Active involvement in the promotion of the company
- Liaison with external marketing suppliers
- Onboarding new clients including sending Terms of Business and setting up on internal systems, issuing welcome packs etc.
Skills, Experience & Personal Attributes
- Educated to Level 6 or equivalent
- Able to demonstrate compatibility with our company values
- A good understanding of a professional business environment is essential
- Able to demonstrate an outstanding customer service track record
- The ability to quickly establish creditability and to influence others positively to achieve necessary outcomes in a timely manner
- Understands and is able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines and balance conflicting priorities
- High attention to detail
- A professional telephone manner and represents the business in the best light
- A very high standard of spoken and written English is essential
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
- Due to our location, you must be a car driver with full time access to a car
Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Monday – Friday
- 9am – 5pm with an hour for lunch
- Work from home on Friday as long as able to do so productively, safely and without any other responsibilities
- Free onsite parking
- £20 – 25k based on experience
- Discounted food available in onsite restuarant
- Free tea and coffee
- Employee Benefits platform with access to private GP, counselling, gym discounts, shopping discounts and much, much more.
- Free Costco membership
- Wonderful views across the Golf greens, outdoor space for eating, walking and thinking.