DOHR is a multi-award winning HR practice based in Hertfordshire. Supporting small and medium sized companies with their HR needs, DOHR has built a strong brand and reputation for quality, practical, legally compliant, cost effective HR and business advice.
DOHR is a highly professional practice which delivers to consistently high standards and believes in the power of the customer experience. The customer is not always right, but at DOHR we strive to ensure the solution delivered provides customers with the outcomes they want for their business and their staff.
DOHR provides HR consultancy and support to businesses across London and the Northern Home Counties. From 1 employee to 250, our customers vary from start-ups needing initial advice to larger businesses needing expertise.
Whether it is recruitment, contracts of employment, induction, appraisals, sickness management, management training, pay and reward or redundancies, DOHR is a one stop shop for businesses in search of a real HR partner.
Providing first and second line support for clients you will work as an integral part of our team of HR Advisors providing practical advice and support to our clients
- Providing telephone and email support to clients
- Writing and issuing documents in line with client needs
- Developing bespoke documentation based on our HR in a Box™ model
- Attending / chairing disciplinaries and grievances meetings
- Supporting recruitment activities of clients
- HR administration for clients such as sickness tracking and absence management
- Providing onsite support to clients as required on a regular or ad hoc basis
The needs of each of our clients will vary and all or none of the above may be required for any specific client. All solutions are bespoke and developed specifically for each client in line with their business and sector needs.
This role will also include the promotion of our practice in a number of different contexts, including but not limited to:
- Face to face networking
- Social media
Skills, Experience & Personal Attributes
- Educated to Level 7 or equivalent
- CIPD qualified
- A good understanding of business, finance and employment legislation is essential
- Relevant experience of small businesses and a robust understanding of their needs
- Able to demonstrate an outstanding customer service track record
- The ability to quickly establish creditability and to influence others positively to achieve necessary outcomes in a timely manner
- Able to apply theoretical knowledge in a practical way, generating a number of viable options and facilitating informed decision making
- Understands and is able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines and balance conflicting priorities
- High attention to detail
- A professional telephone manner and represents the business in the best light
- A very high standard of spoken and written English is essential for the effective delivery of our services and our ability to positively influence our clients.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential
- Marketing and social media awareness is desirable, but not essential
- Must hold a current UK driving license and have access to a car
- Must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship
Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Monday – Friday
- 9am – 5pm with an hour for lunch
- Work from home on Friday as long as able to do so productively, safely and without any other responsibilities
- Free onsite parking
- £30 – 35k based on experience
- Discounted food available in onsite restuarant
- Free tea and coffee
- Employee Benefits platform with access to private GP, counselling, gym discounts, shopping discounts and much, much more.
- Free Costco membership