Position HR Assistant
Location Elstree, with some travel to client sites
Hours Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Reporting to HR Operations Manager
Salary £18 – 22k
DOHR is a multi-award winning HR practice based in Hertfordshire. Supporting small and medium sized companies with their HR needs, DOHR has built a strong brand and reputation for quality, practical, legally compliant, cost effective HR and business advice.
DOHR is a highly professional practice which delivers to consistently high standards and believes in the power of the customer experience. The customer is not always right, but at DOHR we strive to ensure the solution delivered provides customers with the outcomes they want for their business and their staff.
DOHR provides HR consultancy and support to businesses across London and the Northern Home Counties. From 1 employee to 500, our customers vary from start ups needing initial advice to larger businesses needing expertise.
Whether it is recruitment, contracts of employment, induction training, appraisals, sickness management, management training, pay and reward or redundancies, DOHR is a one stop shop for businesses in search of a real HR partner.
This is an ideal role for someone with administration experience looking to move to an HR Assistant / Officer role. Providing first line support for clients you will work alongside our HR Advisors and also as an extension of our clients’ management team and be responsible for:
- Providing telephone and email support to clients
- Developing bespoke documentation based on our HR in a Box™ model
- Attending disciplinaries and grievances
- Supporting recruitment activities of clients
- HR administration for clients such as sickness tracking and absence management
- HR administration to support the team
- Financial, marketing and PA duties as required to support the business growth
The needs of each of our clients will vary and all or none of the above may be required for any specific client. All solutions are bespoke and developed specifically for each client in line with their business and sector needs.
This role will also include the promotion of our practice in a number of different contexts:
- Face to face networking
- Social media
Desired Skills & Experience
- CIPD part qualified with a proven track record in administration
- Some practical HR experience is desirable, but not essential
- Educated to A’level standard or equivalent
- Is able to demonstrate an outstanding customer service track record
- Has the ability to quickly establish creditability and to influence others positively to achieve necessary outcomes in a timely manner is essential
- Understands and is able to maintain confidentiality
- Is able to work under pressure to tight deadlines and balance conflicting priorities
- Has high attention to detail
- Has a professional telephone manner and represents the business in the best light
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential
- Marketing and social media awareness is desirable, but not essential
- Must hold a current UK driving license and have full use of a car
- Must be eligible to work in the UK