HR Graduate Trainee
DOHR is a multi-award winning HR practice based in Hertfordshire. Supporting small and medium sized companies with their HR needs, DOHR has built a strong brand and reputation for quality, practical, legally compliant, cost effective HR and business advice.
DOHR provides HR consultancy and support to businesses across London and the Northern Home Counties. From 1 employee to 250, our customers span all sectors.
Whether it is recruitment, contracts of employment, induction, appraisals, sickness management, management training, pay and reward or redundancies, DOHR is a one stop shop for businesses in search of a real HR partner.
Our values underpin everything we do both internally and externally. They determine what we do and how we do it. All employees must be able to live and work by our values every day.
- Business Focussed
- Customer Service Driven
- Solution Focussed
- Continual Improvement
This is a 2-year programme and an ideal role for a graduate with administration experience looking for a career in business and HR.
Providing HR, administration, business support, you will build a strong commercially focused foundation, allowing you greater understanding of the needs of our clients.
You will work with the Managing Director, our HR advisors, our prospects and clients supporting both our business and those of our clients.
- Be the first port of call for clients with HR enquiries
- Issue contracts of employment, reference requests and employment letters
- Chase up references
- Approve holiday
- HR administration for clients such as sickness tracking and absence management
- Use of our HR system for clients
- Follow up on sickness as required
- Set up training courses
- Set up interviews
- Developing bespoke documentation based on our HR in a Box™ model
- Support up to 450 SME clients
- Support the HR advisors as they deliver to clients
- Supporting recruitment activities of clients
The needs of each of our clients will vary and all or none of the above may be required for any specific client. All solutions are bespoke and developed specifically for each client in line with their business and sector needs.
Administration, Business, Sales and Marketing
- Onboard new clients by issuing terms of business, updating our systems, setting up invoices and maintaining our databases.
- Represent the company at face to face networking and exhibitions
- To provide admin and PA support as required
Desired Skills & Experience
- Educated to level 5
- At least two years of work experience, ideally in an office environment
- CIPD qualified to at least level 3 is desirable, although not essential
- Some practical HR experience is desirable, but not essential
A highly motivated, extremely organised graduate with a desire for ongoing learning and a long term career as an HR generalist.
- Is able to demonstrate an outstanding customer service track record
- Has the ability to quickly establish creditability and to influence others positively to achieve necessary outcomes in a timely manner is essential
- Understands and is able to maintain confidentiality
- Is able to work under pressure to tight deadlines and balance conflicting priorities
- Has high attention to detail
- Must be well presented with excellent communication skills, both by phone and in writing.
- Has a professional telephone manner and represents the business in the best light.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential
- Marketing and social media awareness is desirable, but not essential
- Must hold a current UK driving license and have full use of a car
- Must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship
Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Monday – Friday
- 9am – 5pm with an hour for lunch
- Work from home on Friday as long as able to do so productively, safely and without any other responsibilities
- Free onsite parking
- £20k; rising to 30,000 over two years dependent on progress
- Support for CIPD qualifications
- Discounted food available in onsite restuarant
- Free tea and coffee
- Employee Benefits platform with access to private GP, counselling, gym discounts, shopping discounts and much, much more.
- Free Costco membership
- Wonderful views across the Golf greens, outdoor space for eating, walking and thinking.